In order to keep the longevity of your drains, it often helps to know exactly what is going on inside them. The best way to do this is through a CCTV drain inspection, which we will run through in this article of what and why you might need a camera drain inspection.
What is a CCTV drain survey?
A drain survey is an in-depth inspection of your draining system, this can be used for homeowners as well as industrial companies. Using high-tech CCTV cameras we can easily see what is happening inside your drains, these cameras send live feed information back to your plumber allowing them to easily identify the issue at hand.
Why and when would I need a survey?
CCTV Inspections are indispensable tools in a number of situations. Allowing your professional plumber to survey and diagnose your property with ease. If you have noticed a blockage in your drain that you have already called a plumber out for you may need a camera to take a dive and find out more, or if you believe a crack is in your pipe it may be beneficial to get a visual representation of what’s going on.
What equipment is used?
When you have called in for a CCTV drain inspection, you can expect a qualified technician or plumber to be on hand with a specialised waterproof camera, long piping equipment and the monitor to view as you scope down your pipes.
Here’s how a CCTV drain survey is typically carried out:
- The initial step is to call in the expert plumber and technician to review your pipes in real-time visuals.
- Before any camera action happens, your plumber will generally have a chat with you about where the issues lie and what will happen during the CCTV inspection.
- Once your technician has set up, he will feed a long line down your drain with the camera attached to the end.
- The camera will provide a real-time view of your drains. This is then sent back to your plumber/ technician to review the issues in real-time. With as it happens information/ visuals your professional certified plumber will be able to come up with solutions quickly.
- Once the inspection is done, your plumber/ technician will break down the issues at hand and present a plan of action to be done to resolve the severity or non-severity issue of your plumbing system.
What will a survey find?
Now that we have covered what a CCTV inspection is, who it is for and how it works, the big question is: what does it uncover? Well the short answer is any plumbing issue you may have, that is what makes it so versatile and useful.
CCTV Drain inspections are designed to deliver an extensive review of your plumbing system which can help you to identify major or minor issues.
CCTV drain survey can help to identify:
- Collapsed drains
- Tree root ingress
- Causes and extent of leaks/bursts in pipes
- Corrosion and wear and tear
- Animal intrusion
- Evidence of displacement or poor installation
Let the experts at DMS Plumbing help you with all your CCTV Drain inspection and plumbing needs, feel free to use our contact us page or call us on 0800 (PLUMBA) 758622